The Funeral Cooperative of Outaouais vs Harmonia Cremations
How much do I save with the Funeral Co-op?
By becoming a member of the Funeral Cooperative Group (a $20 fee) they state on their website that “I am saving money and helping to keep the prices of funeral services in my region at affordable levels.” However, the Funeral Co-op prices are far above the national average for low cost funerals. At Harmonia we are bringing down the Quebec average and coming in 25-40% less than the funeral co-op on all funeral and cremation services. The direct cremation package alone is over $500 less at Harmonia.
- Quebec has the largest funeral co-operative in Canada however low cost funeral prices are higher than the national average.
- Harmonia Cremations offers rates 25-40% lower than the funeral co-op for the same services.
Should I become a member of a Funeral Co-op?
At Harmonia, we run the funeral business and serve you. We don’t ask you to become a shareholder when you walk in to arrange a funeral. You have enough to worry about in grief, let us do the work for you. At the funeral co-op, you are forced to buy a membership to become part of the organization. They claim this keeps the price down but it appears that is not the case.
- Most cremation providers serve customers rather than members.
- Ask yourself what the benefit of becoming a member of an organization is.
How do I choose a funeral or cremation provider?
Research your options and do what is best for you. This is especially true when making a major decision such as a funeral. At Harmonia, we pride ourselves on being fully transparent. All of our prices and options are on our website so you can become educated in the comfort and privacy of your own home. We will also give you a customized and exact quote directly on the phone or help you with any questions no matter which provider you choose.
We tried to get to know the services of the Funeral Co-op, however we found it very difficult. There is no pricing on the website and when we called we were unable to receive a price without an in person meeting at their offices. Even at the in person meeting it took over 20 minutes to finally get to the bottom line.
- Look for transparency when research different providers.
- You owe it to yourself to research all of your options so you can make the right decision.
- Never feel obliged to meet a company in person for their pricing.
We Educate You Because We Are Educated
Quebec currently has very low standards for legislative funeral practices. While the province is moving towards a newer legislation, many funeral providers are operating under these historically lower standards. Our licensed directors at Harmonia are quite simply, hands and feet above any provider we are aware of, and we believe your service experience will be as well.